Get a stress-free website that does ALL the work for you – it’s easier than you think!
So who, why and what are Website Workshops?
Watch the video below to find out
Best with sound on
What are Website Workshops?
Website Workshops help start-ups and small businesses create professionally designed websites fast and on a budget – the ultimate toolkit. We do all the heavy lifting by building the website framework for you, giving you everything you need to get started. You then get to put your own stamp on it.
By the end of your Website Workshop, you will know how to add images, text, colours, and design, and have the skills to manage your website going forward. You’ll also have the support of a professional website designer and developer every step of the way.
Create an affordable, eye-catching website in your own time with our Website Workshop.
We make the process of creating your own website as simple and stress-free.
How Website Workshops can help you
Put you in control
Doing a Website Workshop means you’re in charge of your own website. You learn all the skills you need to create your site, your way, without relying on a third party.
Save you money
Building a website can be a costly business but with Website Workshops you can create a fantastic looking site for a really affordable price.
Get expert help
With Website Workshops, you’re not alone. Our step-by-step toolkit will guide you through each step of the process in a simple and easy to understand way, with support from our expert team.
What’s included in our Website Workshops?
- A professionally-designed, user-friendly, mobile-responsive website. You can add your own text, images, video and content to make it completely yours.
- Step-by-step training videos, talking you through each element of your site – from page names and logo design to choosing your colour palette, creating a brand identity, uploading images and video, and writing engaging content.
- Guided resource worksheets, downloadable PDF assignments and extensive advice walking you through the whole process.
- Access to an exclusive members’ only area, where there are lots of bonus step-by-step tutorials that you can work through.
- Access to an invitation-only VIP group where you can ask our experts questions live and connect with other Website Workshops members who have completed the workshop and can share tips and hints.
- Lifetime membership. Once you’ve built a website with RST Design, you can pop back to the course at any time to refresh if you need to.
- At the end of this course, you will be ready to hit the ground running and your website will be ready to launch.
Phase One – Gathering your tools for your website
A springboard to building your website – so you hit the ground running…
Domain and hosting
- How to buy your domain
- How to set up hosting
- Little Black Book of resources
Find your USP
- Finding your niche
- Analysing the competition
- What website will work for you?
Build your brand
- Choosing your colour palette
- Creating your logo and favicon
- Choosing the best fonts
- Writing your content
- Choosing images and resizing
- Keyword research
Now you have completed phase one, you will be ready for phase two…
Phase Two – The Website Workshop
Let’s get started – upload and launch
Module 1 - Learning WordPress
- Getting to grips with Divi
- Overview of the dashboard
- A look around the front end
Module 2 - Upload everything
- Putting your site together
- Over 25 easy videos to follow
- Security for your website
Module 3 - SEO and added extras
- Adding your SEO
- Blog posts and sidebar widgets
- FAQ and galleries
Module 4 - The final details
- Creating a contact form
- Building a 404 page
- Linking your social URLs
Hear what our happy customers have to say
about the Website Workshops…
Kathy is the most patient person ever. I am a complete technophobe and had to start right from scratch as I had absolutely no website knowledge before the course. Kathy takes you through everything and is on hand to answer any questions in her group. I now have a website that I am proud of and in control of and can change things when I want or need to. I highly recommend this website workshop course.
I cannot recommend Kathy enough! She is very passionate about her website workshops and this passion certainly comes through in the amount of time and effort has put into building this course to help you be able to build your website. She is full of knowledge and explains everything so clearly. The workshop course was brilliant, I have achieved so much and feel very confident in my own abilities to run my website. Even if you’re not sure if a website is right for you speak to Kathy!
Kathy has been amazingly supportive in helping me create my website through her workshops. She has a real eye and helping you to get your website looking top-notch. Quick to respond to questions etc.
If you run a business and you’re looking to build your brand in a cost effective and efficient way then Kathy is your woman. She’s so knowledgeable about web building and SEO and very good at empowering you to do things for yourself with her guidance and support. I’d never have been able to launch my website without her. She gives you so many tools, oodles of confidence and lots of guidance. I’d definitely recommend her.
I did the website workshop course with Kathy and was really happy with her training. Kathy explained everything very clearly, in a way that someone who doesn’t have experience in web design ( such as myself) can understand. I was able to use the skills I’d learnt to quickly get our website up and running and also feel confident in updating information on the finished site.
As a self-employed artist and not the most technical of people, I found building my website with Kathy invaluable. Her knowledge is second to none and her patience and support, have been much appreciated, I recommend her highly.
The Website Workshops is an absolute gift for small business owners and people who want a website without spending massive amounts of time and money learning how to do it. The website framework is all built for you, which gave me confidence that I have a robust site. The online training is a fantastic resource and I have referred back to it time and again – it’s like having a Kathy sitting next to you guiding you through it. The content is professionally done and also cuts through to what you need to do and how to do it. I highly recommend the website workshops to anyone who wants all the gain without the pain.
Also included in the Website Workshops bundle
Finding your niche
- Identify your interests and passions. This may be something you’ve already done
- Identify problems you can solve. …
- Research your competition. …
- Determine the profitability of your niche. …
- Test your idea.
How to choose colour palettes
You may have an idea of what you’d like the colour palette for your business to be, but before you set anything in stone, try to take a look at what the colours you’re thinking of using actually mean.
That means asking: Do the colours convey the right emotions and are they attractive to my target market?
How to build an authentic brand identity
Too many great coaches are losing money because their brand is just a pretty face. If you hate the hard sell, as much as I do, and want your brand to be a powerful sales tool – book your Brand Review with me, the Authentic Brand Coach.
In our 30 minute call, I will give you a professional, objective and honest appraisal of your brand success, from a potential-client perspective. You will get valuable feedback about your market positioning, client connection and naturally the all-important visual appeal of your brand.
SEO for beginners and keyword research
This new course for getting rankings and loads of high-quality traffic with SEO. Giving you with the tools, knowledge and skills to become an SEO champion?
This will walk you step-by-step through the entire process of mastering SEO from start to finish. You get insiders-only instruction that will blow away your competitors.
How to create amazing copy
As well as an eye-catching design, a good website needs great copy. This course will guide you through the basics of writing engaging and enticing content to help you promote your business.
From writing snappy headlines and introductory copy for each of your site’s main pages, to establishing your own unique brand tone of voice, this course will give you the confidence to promote who you are and what you do in your own words.
*Disclaimer bonus partners may change without notice
Summary of what you get
- A professionally-designed, user-friendly, mobile-responsive WordPress website. You can add your own text, images, video and content to make it completely yours
- Step-by-step training videos, talking you through each element of your site – from page names and logo design to choosing your colour palette, creating a brand identity, uploading images and video, and writing engaging content
- Guided resource worksheets, downloadable PDF assignments and extensive advice walking you through the whole process
- Access to an exclusive members’ only area, where there are lots of bonus step-by-step tutorials to work through plus 8 bonuses included
- Access to an invitation-only VIP group where you can ask our experts questions live and connect with other Website Workshop members who have completed the workshop and can share tips and hints
- Lifetime membership. Once you’ve built a website you can pop back to the course at any time to refresh if you need to
- At the end of this course, you ‘ll be ready to hit the ground running and your website will be ready to launch.
- Finding your niche
- How to choose colour palettes
- Branding Tips & Tricks
- SEO For Beginners & Keyword Research
- How To Create Amazing Copy
- How To Set Up Your Social Media
- Launch Your Website
- How To Build Your Email List
Frequently asked questions
Can I add my own content to my new website?
Of course, it’s super easy to add your own images, text, videos and much more. On the Website Workshop you will learn how to do all this, and how to maintain and manage your website in the future.
How many pages are included on my website?
You can have up to 15 pages on your site and these might include: Home, Services, Reviews, About, Gallery, Blog, Contact, Sitemap, Privacy and T&Cs. You can change the ‘names’ of your pages and can add or delete pages as you progress. The training videos make this a piece of pie!
I'm not very technology savvy, will this course work for me or will I be out of my depth?
As long as you can use a computer and Google you will be fine. The Website Workshops has been designed for beginners and you can work at your own pace. There’s also plenty of information and support each step of the way.
If you do find you need extra help, we can offer you a bespoke package tailored to what you require.
Do I need to register a domain name for my website and hosting?
Yes, but don’t worry, this is not as technical as it sounds! In fact, it’s really easy to do, when you know how. On the course we provide links to hosting and domain name companies that we recommend and use ourselves.
Will my new site have SEO?
The Website Workshop includes an SEO For Beginners course, which is packed with SEO information on keyword research.
What if I want a more complex website with a booking system, membership or e-commerce platform?
The Website Workshop is designed to get you online fast, fearlessly and fabulously! This means we offer a fuss-free web package that’s easy for you to set up and manage yourself. However, if your business requires a more complex website with a booking system, an e-commerce platform or membership functionality, we can offer additional bespoke training to get you up and running.
Please email us on email@example.com with your requirements and we can send you a quote.
Can I link my website to an email marketing software?
Of course! After all, email marketing is a great way to build your brand. Your website will support most of the major email marketing companies like Mailchimp, MailerLite, ActiveCampaign etc, and you can easily add a newsletter sign-up form to your website.
Are there any additional costs?
The Website Workshop costs a flat fee. The only additional cost will be your domain name and the ongoing hosting cost of your website. A domain name costs from $20 and hosting from $5 per month.
Any additional work you need doing on your website after you’ve completed the Website Workshop will be chargeable. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are happy to discuss your requirements.
I already have a website can you just update it?
The Website Workshop has been designed exclusively for people who want to build brand new websites. If, however, you already have a website but would like to update it then do get in touch with us at RST Design. You can email us at email@example.com